Science Pubs are where you'll meet OSU's leading researchers and delve into their fascinating worlds.
About this Event
World Oceans Day Virtual Event
The United Nations celebrates World Oceans Day every year on 8 June. The groundswell grows each year, as countries and communities use this day to celebrate all the ocean gives us. This year’s theme is “Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean.” We invite you to join us on Monday, June 8 at 6:00 PM for a special OSU Science Pub World Oceans Day Virtual Event. This evening event will feature a screening of Oregon State Productions’ Heceta Bank and a companion short OSU produced film, guest Q&A panel, trivia, art, music, and a special reading of a children’s ocean storybook.
General Show Schedule
• 6:00 PM – Welcome and Opening Remarks by Jack Barth, OSU Marine Studies Initiative Executive Director
• 6:05 PM – Sense of Place short film
• 6:12 PM -- Ocean Trivia hosted by Ocean11
• 6:17 PM – Heceta Bank: Oregon’s Hidden Wonder-26 min
• 6:48 PM – Guest Panel and Q&A
• 7:15 PM -- Special children’s book reading
• 7: 25 PM-- Close with “Currents” slideshow with art
• 7:30 PM – Event concludes
Contact MSI for accommodations for disabilities at email@example.com
Event brought to you by Oregon State University's Marine Studies Initiative, Oregon State University Events, Oregon State Productions and OSU-Cascades.
Production by Connect Central Oregon, a collaborative program with the OSU-Cascades Innovation Co-Lab.