The first week of June, the Norwegian General Consulate in Shanghai together with Team Norway and our local partners are planning Ocean Week Campaign. The event will be a celebration of the World Oceans Day, which is marked annually on June 8.
The Webinar showcases Norwegian and Chinese innovations/solutions for a sustainable ocean economy, and provide platform to encourage cooperation between Norway and China. The event gathering of Chinese and Norwegian experts, facilitates exchange of experiences within the field of sustainable use of the oceans.
Live-streaming Agenda (Scan QR code for Live-streaming)
Moderator: Prof. Yang Jian, Vice Director, Shanghai Institutes for International Studies
Introduction: Kristin Iglum, Norwegian Consul General in Shanghai; Cheng Fucai, Director, Office of International Cooperation, Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
Sustainability as a business model: Désirée Vikse, Deputy Director Beijing, Innovation Norway
PLASTIC - COMBAT MARINE LITTER
- Regulation: Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Ecology and Environment, Shanghai Academy of Environmental Sciences Water Institute Director Ye Jianfeng - SINOPLAST: Sino-Norwegian cooperation project on reducing plastic and microplastic pollution, Basel Convention Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific, Chief of Regional Chemical Management Branch, Dr. Chen Yuan - Solution: NOSCA Clean Oceans Managing director Eirik Langeland - NGO’s engagement: WWF Ocean Project Leader Patrick Yang Greeting from WWF Ocean ambassador Guo Jingjing
FISH FARMING INNOVATIONS
- Introduction: Norsk Industri Aquaculture&Marine Technology Sector Assistant Director Stål Heggelund - Solutions: NCE Aquatech Cluster Kari Thyholt AkerBioMarine Sustainability Director Runa Haug Khoury/General Manager China Andreas Thorud Nordlaks Group Head of Communication Lars Fredrik Martinussen
SECURING SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD
- Victoria Braathen, Director China, Norwegian Seafood Council (NSC) - Panel Discussion: NSC Market Advisor Xie Shaozhen; Mowi China Chef Representative Xu Wannong; Lerøy China Chef Representative Gu Yu; VeChain Project Director Tang Min
- Shanghai Municipal Transportation Commission Inspector Level II (Deputy Director General Level) Ye Xing - Solutions: DNV-GL Technical Expert Gao Wei Greeting from Shanghai Maritime Museum’s ambassador Xu Lijia
Connecting to Stavanger
- Panel Discussion: Nordic Edge Chef Sustainability officer Trygve Meyer; FreiXchange CEO Sigmund Kyvik; Norway in a Box CEO Espen Pedersen; Head of Treasury in Sparebank Carl Fredrik Hjelle The Explorer video