UNAI ASPIRE UKFCET Chapter under Kerala Forum UNAI (KFUNAI) has planned to conduct an Interactive session with four member panel on the occasion of World Ocean Day in the insight to engage youth to action for Sustainable Ocean and Coastal Communities. The event is jointly planned with UNAI ASPIRE UKFCET chapter, IEEE Student Branch, IEEE IAS SBC of UKF College of Engineering and Technology in association with Centre for Environment Education (CEE), India.
The panel consists of Mr. Saji C Thomas (Patron of KFUNAI and Former Civil Servant at UN), Ms. Madhavi Joshi (Programme Director, CEE), Dr. Shriji Kurup (Programme Coordinator for Marine Programmes, CEE) and Ms. Meena A S (Programme Officer, CEE). Agenda of the discussion also involves to pass the information on various activities for future involving youth and educational institutions for cleanup drive at beaches, betterment of socioeconomic status of coastal communities, technical solutions for various challenges in ocean habitat and coastal areas.
- To Engage youth to action for sustainable Ocean and Coastal Communities
- To involve educational institutions to identify challenges and provide technical and scientific solutions with help of students
- First level plan to Organize cleanup drives at nearby beaches for proper waste management
- To know more about Blue Flag Beach certification
- To clarify young minds and guide them the right way