A global project-based competition for youth aged 13-30, including university students, student clubs, high school students, youth-led organizations and startups. Launching in early 2022.
The Ocean Wise Innovator Lab is elevating youth voices by providing mentorship from leading ocean experts and entrepreneurs, access to funding and educational resources that will help participants realize and share their innovative ocean health solutions.
During the three month program, participants will learn about issues impacting the ocean, in particular ocean plastics, and develop an innovation that tackles this problem.
What types of innovations are Ocean Wise looking for? That’s up to you! The program is inclusive by design and open to all youth aged 13-30 interested in taking direct action to change the trajectory of ocean health.
We invite participants with interest in a variety of disciplines and subjects.
- A fresh and original YouTube channel, TikTok or podcast dedicated to building awareness about ocean plastics and inspiring viewers / listeners to take direct action to address the issue – this may appeal to youth interested in communications
- An inclusive initiative that encourages and enables community members to tackle the issue of ocean plastics, especially those who may face barriers doing so – this may appeal to youth interested in social sciences
- A prototype for cutting-edge technology that addresses the issue of ocean plastics – this may appeal to youth interested in engineering
- An engaging campaign that brings awareness to ocean plastics and / or encourages behaviour change or donations – this may appeal to youth interested in marketing
- A prototype of a captivating app / game that addresses ocean plastics and encourages direct action – this may appeal to youth interested in computer sciences
- An impactful and entertaining plastic-free culinary event or event series – this may appeal to youth in hospitality
At the end of the program, participants will submit their innovation, with a chance to win up to $2,500 CAD. Deadline to apply is January 31st 2022
Visit https://ocean.org/innovatorlab/ to learn more