This event will offer an opportunity to discuss how different international actors and national governments are engaging with the blue economy in what ways they expect the blue economy to contribute to the realization of the SDGs.
The event will also share local-level research on the impacts of blue economy initiatives on coastal communities, and the challenges arising from increasing interest among foreign investors for marine spaces and resources.
- Share knowledge on activity/interests relating to blue economy
- Explore perceived interpretations of blue economy – what is envisioned?
- Examine arrangements for reconciling different economic, social and environmental goals
- Identify the role of blue economy for promoting interactions and accelerating progress of SDGs
- Understand perceived challenges and opportunities to meet blue economy aspirations?
- Identify knowledge and governance requirements and/or priorities to support blue economy aspirations
- Develop networks for knowledge and experience exchange and production to address challenges and take hold of opportunities presented by blue economy