Experience the Art of the Oceans during World Oceans Week! Hear an amazing variety of ocean artists including sculptors, musicians, painters, photographers, virtual reality developers & more discuss how they're using art for ocean conservation. Also check out our World Oceans Week Virtual Gallery, an immersive collection of Club Members' ocean art that can be viewed anytime on explorers.org beginning Sunday, June 7th!
We'll kick off the evening with Beyond Blue's "Inspiring the Future Generation of Explorers & Scientists Through Game Play", a panel discussion moderated by former Explorers Club President Ted Janulis. Panelists include:
- Mark Dalio, Founder & Creative Director of Alucia Productions
- Alan Gershenfeld, Founder & President of E-Line Media
- David Gruber, Ph.D., NatGeo Explorer, Presidential Professor of Marine Biology & Environmental Sciences at Baruch College, CUNY, Rolex Awards for Enterprise Jury Member, 2019
- Mandy Joye, Ph.D., Biogeochemist & Microbial Ecologist, Regents’ Professor & Athletic Association Professor in Arts and Sciences in the Department of Marine Sciences in the University of Georgia's Franklin College of Arts and Sciences.
Next up, hear from ocean artists:
- Derya Akkaynak, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineer & Oceanographer, Developer of Sea-thru algorithm
- Keith Ellenbogen, Underwater Photographer
- Brian Helmuth, Professor at the Marine Science Center at Northeastern University
- Valentino Vettori, Founder of Arcadia Earth
Join us afterwards with Tre' Packard for the big reveal of Beau Stanton's completed World Oceans Week piece!