WOD-Bag Making Competition.
Stop Depletion of Fish Stocks
- Pledge 1: Choose sustainable seafood.
- Pledge 2: Buy ocean-friendly certified seafood.
- Pledge 3: Ask about the sustainability of seafood before you order in restaurants.
- Pledge 4: Learn more about the fishing and aquaculture sectors so you can make informed choices.
Stop Ocean Acidification by Reducing Carbon Emissions
- Pledge 1: Think before driving. Explore transportation alternatives to reduce fuel consumption.
- Pledge 2: Choose an energy efficient vehicle.
- Pledge 3: Keep your tyres properly inflated (will boost your miles per litre of fuel consumption).
- Pledge 4: Reduce your energy use at home (think insulation, turning off lights, shorter cycles on washing machines).
- Pledge 6: Waste less food. Agriculture and food production uses vast amounts of carbon dioxide.
- Pledge 7: Buy locally produced and seasonal food to minimise carbon emissions of transportation.
Stop Plastic Marine Debris
- Pledge 1: Refuse plastic drinking straws.
Stop Pollution of the Ocean by Contaminants
- Pledge 1: Use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Pledge 2: Dispose of chemicals properly.
- Pledge 3: Avoid foods treated with synthetically manufactured pesticides.
- Pledge 4: Do not discharge sewage from boats into coastal waters.
- Pledge 5: Dispose of unused medicines responsibly; don't flush them. Return them to your local pharmacy.