Experience the Art of the Oceans during World Oceans Week! Hear an amazing variety of ocean artists including sculptors, musicians, painters, photographers, virtual reality developers & more discuss how they're using art for ocean conservation. Also check out our World Oceans Week Virtual Gallery, an immersive collection of Club Members' ocean art that can be viewed anytime on explorers.org beginning Sunday, June 7th!
Hear about the confluence of art, science and data from:
- Paul Miller aka DJ Spooky, Composer, Multimedia Artist & Writer
- Tim Fain, Concert Violinist & Composer
- Jonatha Giddens, Ph.D., Ocean Ecologist & Chief Scientist, Exploration Technology Lab’s Deep-Sea Research Project
- Peter Girguis, Ph.D., Professor of Organismic & Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
- Jeremy McKane, Artist & Ocean Warrior
- Dr. Bruce F. Molnia, Glaciologist
- John Nelson, Cartographer and User Experience Designer, Esri
The program will conclude with a discussion between the presenters moderated by Alex More, Ph.D., Climate Scientist, Harvard University. Tune in afterwards for another live update on Beau Stanton's live-painting progress with Tre' Packard!