World Ocean Day - 2020 (Session-1)
Title: Ocean Science Education, Curriculum and Post COVID Ocean Science Awareness in Developing Countries
World Oceans Day provides an opportunity to honor, help protect, and conserve the ocean. This year, the Day will convene under the theme, ‘Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean’. Nirmol Bangladesh is going to organize an online program titled “Pollution-free Ocean for Next Generation” on the occasion of World Ocean Day. The online program is on the focus of increasing ocean awareness and creating ocean literacy. As Nirmol Bangladesh is working for creating ocean literacy, ocean awareness participating students from different grades (Class 01 to University Level). So, this event will lead our future program faster.
In this session-01 our focus point will be on:
- Ocean Science Education & Curriculum
- Post COVID-19 Ocean Awareness in Developing Countries
- Societal Outcome of the UN decade of Ocean Science
Nirmol Bangladesh feels honored by Associate Professor Dr. Mohammad Mulem Uddin Munna and Dr. Russell Stevens for giving their valuable time to join with Nirmol Bangladesh.
Dr. Mohammad Muslem Uddin
Associate Professor, Department of Oceanography, University of Chittagong.
Cat A in Hydrography (US), Ph.D. in Earth,(Italy)
Working for Ocean Literacy Campaign in Bangladesh (Literate, Motivate and be Aware),
Vice-Chair of IOCINDIO
Dr. Russell Stevens
Head of Education at Two Oceans Aquarium’s
Environmental Education Centre Cape Town Area, South Africa
Time: 12:00 PM (GMT:6+, BST)
Date: 08 June 2020
Facebook Live on the Page of Nirmol Bangladesh
About the Program
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we have to prepare our activity online.
- Our main purpose is to create environmental awareness.
- We are jointly working with other organizations and educational institutions.
- We are engaging students so that they can also participate in environmental cleanness.
- Creating Ocean Awareness
- Gathering students and youth of the society to inform about the importance of Ocean and World Ocean Day
- Discussing about our post COVID-19 pandemic ocean literacy campaign program