Over the next days, weeks, and months eOceans is helping scientists create a heat map of global ocean activities to document how it changes as we respond to COVID-19. Kind of like Strava’s heatmap of biking and running, but for the ocean.
Then, they'll compare these activities to all sorts of wildlife interactions to better understand the impact of humans on ocean wildlife and ecosystems.
If you’re self-distancing by the ocean or exploring the ocean you can help!
- i) Download the eOceans app,
- ii) Log your activities and observations – whenever you are by or on the ocean, and
- iii) We’ll do the rest -- helping scientists to better understand this global event.
- To better understand human uses of the world's oceans.
- To better understand the interaction between humans and marine wildlife interactions.