Since 2012 The Economist Group’s annual World Ocean Summit & Expo has been the premier global event at which Heads of State, government ministers, CEOs and board directors, civil society, the finance community and scientists gather for a full and frank discussion to accelerate a sustainable ocean economy.
The 8th annual World Ocean Summit & Expo will be held in Lisbon, Portugal on March 2nd-4th 2021.
The event will focus on the core theme of accelerating a sustainable ocean economy. The new look agenda will deliver fresh, robust and action-oriented insights into blue economy development.
A new and central feature of this year’s World Ocean Summit & Expo will be a dedicated expo, featuring products and services that provide solutions to the challenges raised during the agenda sessions. The exhibits will play a crucial role in driving progress towards the sustainable ocean economy and will feature innovations and solutions from start-ups to multinationals. The expo and extended networking sessions will provide opportunities for new partnerships to be formed and business connections established.
Why Attend - World Ocean Summit & Expo 2021
- Learn about national blue economy strategies from heads of state, ministers and government officials who understand the need to enhance ocean health and recognise the ocean as a solution to climate change.
- Hear about new opportunities to open up the blue economy with innovative investment tools. Which financial instruments work best for which opportunity? What is driving investment decisions?
- Deepen your level of knowledge in dedicated industry tracks.
- Understand the role of the ocean in climate change mitigation - innovative solutions and visionary strategies to minimise the global impact of climate change.
- Explore important aspects of the global public policy agenda, such as the Sustainable Development Goals and the work of the High Level Panel, and assess their impact on the sustainable ocean economy.
- Learn how data and the “digital ocean” can solve some of the challenges facing the blue economy.
- Network with business leaders, policymakers, investors, scientists and representatives from civil society who are developing solutions to enhance ocean health and blue economy opportunities.
- Visit the expo - build new partnerships with innovators and technology providers developing solutions to accelerate the transition to a sustainable ocean economy.