P.O. Box 2506
Providence, RI 02906
PhD Candidate of Environmental Engineering,Master of Chemical Engineering,Financial Consultant,Member of United Nations Association For Germany.
Stop Depletion of Fish Stocks
- Pledge 2: Buy ocean-friendly certified seafood.
- Pledge 3: Ask about the sustainability of seafood before you order in restaurants.
- Pledge 4: Learn more about the fishing and aquaculture sectors so you can make informed choices.
Stop Ocean Acidification by Reducing Carbon Emissions
- Pledge 1: Think before driving. Explore transportation alternatives to reduce fuel consumption.
- Pledge 2: Choose an energy efficient vehicle.
- Pledge 4: Reduce your energy use at home (think insulation, turning off lights, shorter cycles on washing machines).
- Pledge 5: Conserve water (shorter showers, turn off tap when brushing teeth etc). It takes a lot of energy to pump, treat and heat water.
Stop Plastic Marine Debris
- Pledge 2: Avoid cosmetics that contain microbeads (hidden plastic). Check for polyethylene and polypropylene.
- Pledge 4: Choose biodegradable or reusable cutlery and plates over plastic.
- Pledge 5: Dispose of plastics properly; don't flush (e.g. Q-tips, sanitary products or sticking plasters).
- Pledge 7: Compost your organic waste to use fewer rubbish bags.
- Pledge 8: Reuse, recycle and opt for no packaging when possible
Stop Pollution of the Ocean by Contaminants
- Pledge 1: Use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Pledge 3: Avoid foods treated with synthetically manufactured pesticides.
- Pledge 5: Dispose of unused medicines responsibly; don't flush them. Return them to your local pharmacy.