MAR Day 2022 – Mesoamerican Reef Anniversary
Our actions this year will help highlight the UNWOD theme; “Revitalization: Collective Action for the Ocean” and the Tulum Declaration. We’ll commemorate the Mesoamerican Reef Anniversary with a diverse, inclusive and impactful program composed of the following actions:
Recognitions and awards
- Reef Conservation Merit: Cozumel Island Citizen Collective (Merito a la Conservación del Arrecife: Colectivo Ciudadano Isla Cozumel) – March 10th – 11am GMT-6 – Virtual @ Restore Coral YouTube Channel
Innovation and Immersive Education
- Korallysis: Art + Technology + Science for the Planet, by Gilberto Esparza – March 11th – 11am GMT-6 – Virtual @ Restore Coral YouTube Channel
- Coralize: Regenerative Snorkeling by Michel Abrao, Chief Regenerative Diver – March 12th & 13th – 3pm GMT-6 – Cozumel, Quintana Roo. RSVP [email protected]
- Bioprospecting: From the Ocean to the Pharmacy, Dr. Darwin Pech, PhD – March 14th 11am GMT-6 – Virtual @ Restore Coral YouTube Channel
Impact and regeneration
- Marine Ecology & Coral Restoration Course by Mahahual Coral Reef Restoration Project March – 15th 8am GMT-6 – Mahahual, Quintana Roo. RSVP [email protected]
- Innovative Financial Mechanisms: Healing Coral NFT – Result Base Payment – March 16th, 3pm GMT-6 –
@ Going beyond COP26: innovative instruments to accelerate climate finance in Latin America
Hacienda Yaxcopoil – Merida, Yucatán.
- Coral Transplantation by Mahahual Coral Reef Restoration Project March -18th -8am GMT-6 – Mahahual, Quintana Roo. RSVP [email protected]
This action is brought to you by Mares Naturalia & Restore Coral, proud members of the Friends of the UN World Oceans Day (FOWOD)
You’re invited! Celebrate #UNWorldOceansDay with us and @unworldoceansday, on 8 June and its Oceans Week!
It is a hybrid event exploring oceanic biodiversity, new discoveries, innovative solutions for our changing ocean, and the economic opportunities that the ocean sustains.
Learn more & RSVP at UNWorldOceansDay.org!