Saving whale sharks
- Whale sharks are an endangered species due to mainly IUU fishing and marine trafic. This first international scientific mission aims at understanding movements patterns of whale sharks in the Gulf of Guinea.
- To improve international collaboration and secure continuity and impact in conserving whale sharks in STP ( developping eco activities in STP in line with the national Blue Economy plan).
- To provide a platform for education, learning and training for early career development in STP.
- To create a network of secondary schools between participating West African countries such as STP, St Helena and France hospital primary and secondary schools). Their work is shared on www.overtheswell.com
- To activate an international MPA / safe corridors between the GoG and St Helena by 2030.